Tsuma J. Mwandogo
Head of Department
Welcome to the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department at Kenya Coast National Polytechnic. The Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, is one of the oldest having been established in 1999 offering Artisan programmes with less than ten students then. With increasing demand, it started offering Craft programmes in 2000 and eventually Diploma programmes in 2009. Currently, the Department has a student population of more than 700.
We are focussed to give you reliable competency based technical knowledge, skills and attitudes including practical industrial experience organised and supervised by the Polytechnic and the Industry.
The Department offers various programmes at Diploma, Craft certificate, Artisan and tailor made short courses. The programmes include:
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Power Option)
- Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering
- Diploma in Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Craft Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Technology
- Craft Certificate in Telecommunication Engineering
- Electrical Installation (wireman) grade III, II,I
- Artisan in Electrical installation
- Solar Photovoltaic (SPV)
- Solar Water Heating (SWH)
- Electronic Mechanics
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
With the support of the Government through the Ministry of Education and the Polytechnic Council, the Department is highly equipped with state-of-the-art workshops having modern equipment including Motor Controls, Programmable Logic Controllers and others. Under the KEFEP Programme (Partnership between the Kenya Government and the Federal Government of Canada), the Department received modern equipment for the CBET Courses.