The Executive council is the supreme authority of KECOPSA (Kenya Coast Polytechnic Students Association) and has a mandate of laying down the policy of KECOPSA and giving directions regarding the organization. It’s leadership is composed of the KECOPSA council, the class representatives, hostel representatives and society leaders.
Membership of KECOPSA by every student upon admission to the Polytechnic (whether full time or part-time) upon payment of KECOPSA membership fee of ksh 600 per year , or such other amounts as may be fixed from time to time by the Polytechnic governing council.
The membership fee is be paid on termly basis of ksh 200 per term.
The KECOPSA membership fee once paid qualifies the students for membership until such time that the student obtains clearance from the Polytechnic.
The students is henceforth bound by the constitution and any resolutions and decisions of the KECOPSA council.
1. The executive council consists of:
- Deputy President
- Secretary General
- Cabinet Secretary for Finance
- Cabinet Secretary for Education
- Cabinet Secretary for Welfare, Entertainment and Accommodation
- Cabinet Secretary for Sports
2. The executive council is responsible for the management of the office and KECOPSA affairs.
3. The executive council:-
- Meet at least once every month
- May also meet at any time of the month as may be desirable, in addition to the meeting in 3(A) above.
4. No business is transacted at any executive council meeting unless a quorum of members (is) present at the time when the meeting proceeds to business. Five members are entitled to attend and vote shall form a quorum.
5. The executive council collectively is liable for any utterances made or actions taken by any member of the council so long as such utterances and actions have been unanimously agreed upon in advance.
KECOPSA OFFICIALS CONTACTS 2020/2021
TITLE NAME CONTACT
PRESIDENT: Kemboi Cheruiyot Franklin. 0726765840
DEPUTY PRESIDENT: Chepkemoi Evaline. 0728948580
SECRETARY GENERAL: Ombim Herine Awino. 0715469219
CS FINANCE: George Otieno Oyoo. 0797895407
CS WELFARE: Symon Munene Muchiri. 0748497982
CS SPORTS: Erick Ouma Otieno. 0708629996
CS EDUCATION: Bonaya Guyo Salim. 0728933861
The KECOPSA membership fee is paid through the Polytechnic bank account.